Don't stress, instead try to make planning for this once-in-a-lifetime experience a fun endeavor. Read and use these tips to ensure a great shoot and amazing senior portraits.
1 - 2 weeks before your photos:
- Get your haircut
- Go shopping for a new outfit or two.
- Long sleeves de-emphasize your arms and play up your face. Simple solid colors are always good. Large, bold patterns and bright colors can be distracting or produce strange looking images. Darker colors tend to be more slimming, while light colors call attention to the body.
- If you tan, we recommend stopping the week before. Please avoid tanning right before your session.
1 to 2 days before your session:
- Lay your outfits out. Make sure they’re free of wrinkles. Remember shoes, belts and accessories.
- Gather items such as hair accessories, scarves, jewelry, hats, etc. They add dimension and show your personality.
- Don’t forget props such as musical instruments, sports equipment, uniforms, jerseys, etc.
The night before your session:
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Don’t worry about acne or scratches — we’ll retouch your images.
- Remember to shave, bring makeup, and water to drink.
At your session:
- Bring a sense of adventure and humor. Have fun — it will come through in your portraits!